Required Items for Unit Membership: Field Gear
1. Steel Helmet: M35, M40 and M42 models
2. SS Camouflage Helmet Cover: Plane Tree, Blurred Edge or Lateral is acceptable. Oak A and Oak B are allowed but discouraged. Palm Pattern is not authorized as it was not issued to the LAH. Italian Camo is not authorized.
3. SS Smock, Type 1 or Type 2: Plane Tree (1/2, 3/4, or 5/6), Blurred Edge or Lateral is acceptable. Palm Pattern is not authorized as it was not issued to the LAH. Italian Camo is not authorized.
4. German K98 Mauser rifle. Czech VZ24 and post-1938 Czech K98 are acceptable. Other models must be submitted to Unit Command for approval.
5. K98 cleaning kit
6. K98 bayonet
7. K98 bayonet frog, black leather, “unmounted” model, with or without loop
8. K98 ammo pouches, black leather only
9. Black leather Y-straps, M40 or M42 model
10. Gas mask canister with strap
Mess Kits and Canteens
11. M31 mess kit
12. Mess kit leather strap
13. M31 canteen with aluminum or Bakelite cup
14. Bread bag, M31 or M40 model
Entrenching Tools (Shovels)
15. Entrenching tool with black leather carrier-either the straight handle shovel or folding shovel are acceptable.
16. Spoon and fork combo (Spork)
17. Wool blanket: German issue is preferred. Italian Army or dark colored wool are acceptable.